Monday, January 10

Missing Spring

I am right in the middle of my yearly winter depression.  I miss spring so much.  The past 2 days have been sunny outside, but extremely cold.  It is so hard for me to keep up with day to day life knowing that the next day is going to be more of the same thing.

Yesterday, I tried to occupy my mind by deep cleaning the house.  I dusted everything, wiped down the ceiling fans, decluttered the little clutter we have.  But that only made me feel worse because I wish I was outside doing something else other than cleaning.  The boys helped out.  They both had dust rags and were running around the house wiping the walls.  Then they helped me with the laundry.


Potty training is going great!  We've been at home for the past 4 days, and today was the first day we actually stepped outside.  (which is probably adding to my winter depression).  Kaysen has been going potty consistently and having very few (if any) accidents. 

Yesterday after I put the boys to bed, I heard "mom...mom".  I went in there and Kaysen was in his crib, pants off, holding his diaper, yelling "mom".  So I picked him up.  The diaper was dry.  He pointed down to his pants that were on the floor.  I took him to the potty and he went, and then went to sleep.

Today before nap he called for me again.  His diaper was dry, so I sat him on the potty and he pooped.  We ran out to drop Steve off at work (about a half an hour round trip).  He stayed dry and went when we got home.

Let me add, this kid turns 15 months today!  I'm so proud of my little man.

As for the winter blues, I'm sure I'll break out of it soon.  Yesterday was tough and today is too.  But I know it's only a matter of time before the warmer weather gets here.

No comments: