Friday, January 14

Winter Blues

I confess that things have been rough around here mentally for me.  Living in a cold area, with snow and no car makes it worse.  Not only that, but my bedroom is currently my living room.  (we moved the bed in there to save money by blocking off the bedroom)  Living in a tiny space for too long can make anyone go stir crazy.

The past two days helped because Steve was off of work.  But now I'm stuck in the house again with two toddlers, and the days go by really slowly.  I have tons of things that I can do to keep me busy.  I do them...but it's not the same as taking the kids outside on a long refreshing walk.

I am eager to move the bed back into the bedroom.  We just bought a train table (what was I thinking?!?) and it is set up in our living room too.  The bedroom is a cluttered mess, which makes me more angry because I spent so much time decluttering my life just a few months ago.  Right now it has empty totes and storage that needs to be moved into the garage.  Kind of ironic that the organization supplies are making my life cluttered.

I'll also confess that I haven't organized the garage since the temperature dropped below 40'.  It's just way too cold outside for me to want to do anything.  Which also means that all those Christmas toys we bought are hanging out without a home in my garage.  It is driving me crazy, especially since I put so much time and effort into organizing the garage in November. 

Here's the boys' new train table.  Note, there's no train on it right now.  We are using it as an activity table. 


It has a retail value of $80, and we paid $19.97.  Gotta love 75% off Target toy sales!

No comments: