Wednesday, January 5

I've been away...

It has been 6 days since I last posted.  I've been very, very busy!

The boys have been sick *again*.  Kaysen got hit the worst, although Caleb was out for a few days too.  Their fevers both got up to about 101'.  I've been trying to make life as easy as possible around here for them.  Cuddly toys, comfy clothes, blankets and pillows, and TV.  I'm not a big TV person, and I do limit the amount that the boys get to watch.  But when they are feeling miserable and just want to be cuddled all day, a little bit of TV allows me some sanity.

As for me, I feel OK.  I think I forced myself to not get sick.  Then who will take care of my boys?  So I have been filling my days with the Internet and coupons, cleaning the house, exercising, and taking care of me.  In a way I felt detached from the rest of the world because I needed some 'me' time.  Today was the first day that I actually felt like I was back home, but I never left the house.  Weird, even as I type it.

Today was bonding day for me and the boys.  They were feeling better and we took the opportunity to get connected again.  Like I said, we have all been distant the past 4 or 5 days.  We played some games and read some books.  We found matches of animal toys and puzzle pieces.  Then we ran around the house acting like the animal on the puzzle piece.  We built with blocks and played with trucks.  We cuddled and sang songs.  I missed them while they were sick.

Kaysen has discovered the alphabet.  His favorite song is the ABC song.  He has a book all about the ABC's and we read it over and over and over again.  "A-C's" he tells me when he wants to read it.  He is even starting to repeat some of the letters in the book.  Yesterday he repeated the letters in his name.  I was so proud of my little guy!

We started potty training Kaysen the week Steve was on vacation.  Then the little guy got sick.  That threw everything off.  So today since he was feeling better I decided to try him again.  He ended up going twice on the potty with a dry diaper in between!  Hopefully we will be out of diapers soon.

As for Caleb, well, I don't think he's completely himself yet.  Today was a very rough day for him.  I know it doesn't help being stuck in the house all day.  But you can tell he just wasn't my little Caleb.  I'll give it a few more days and hopefully he will be home again too.  It will be nice to have the entire family together again.

No comments: