Wednesday, May 11

My Mother's Day

Yesterday wrapped up my Mother's Day weekend.  Steve had to work all day Saturday and again all day on Mother's Day.  But he did have Monday and Tuesday off of work, so that is when we celebrated.  We made a whole weekend out of it.  Just us two and the boys!

I am so blessed to be a mommy to such wonderful little guys.  They are my life, my inspiration, my everything.  They are so smart and sweet, even though there are many times that they know how to push my buttons.  It is very challenging, yet so rewarding.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

What did we do over our special weekend?  We spent a lot of time together.  We didn't go out to eat or go to any place expensive.  Although we did pick up Dunkin Donuts one morning which was a lot of fun!  We went for a few nature walks, had a few picnics in the park, sat around, and enjoyed each other.  It was so nice having family time.  Just the four of us.

Too often, we get caught up in every day life.  We are busy, busy, busy.  Running here, doing this, doing that.  It's so important to take some time and enjoy the little things that are around you.  Enjoy life and everything that comes with it.  I spent the past 2 days doing just that.  And it has made me better person because of it.

No comments: