Monday, December 6

Seriously, How easy is this?

I don't sew.  One of these days, I hope to add that to my list of skills.  But as for now, I stick with projects that require NO Sewing!  Steve was looking at a pretty thin scarf yesterday in the store for a lot of money.  Pretty bad, when they basically are trying to sell you a piece of cloth with some decorations.  That's all a scarf really is, isn't it?  I told him that we could do better, and we did. 


Basic Fleece Scarf
Total Cost:  Less than $1.00

I went to my craft store and searched for fabric remnant.  It's just pieces of scrap fabric that was left from the roll.  They were marked way down.  We bought a piece of gray fleece for less than $1.  The only thing we had to do was cut it to size.  It was already plenty long, so I just trimmed the edges.

 Then I made it cute and added a few fringes on the edges

I know I'm not a professional, but for just needing a scarf to go out and shovel snow, I think it turned out pretty well.  Of course, I could of got really fancy and did a knotted end like everyone does with those no-sew blankets.  But this is my husband.  He doesn't want anything fancy. 


Swiffer Cloth Refills
Total Cost:  Less than $1.00 for 10

While we were there I found this really cute hot orange fleece.  I've discovered through trial and error that the best thing to clean my laminate floors is fleece.  Speaking of, old fuzzy socks are the best dust rags I have ever used.  They are good for cleaning windows too because they don't leave streaks.

Anyway, I decided to pick up some fabric for my swiffer too.  I hate the fact that people are actually buying refills for their swiffer on a regular basis.  Why?  Use cloth and wash them!  Saves money and it saves the environment.

I started out with a bunch of fabric remnant for under $1.

I like my swiffer rags to be extra large.  You can cut yours smaller if you like.  But I like it when the fabric actually goes up onto the corner of the walls because it helps to pick up dust and dog hair.  Fleece is great for dog hair!

So I sized it up and cut out a square.  Simple.  Easy.  And perfect for my floors.



No comments: