Friday, December 31

Ready to Party!

The boys and I have been so busy all morning long preparing for our party tonight.  We are staying home this new year, and it will just be us 4.  But we are still going to make the best of it.


This morning we blew up a few balloons.  We discussed the new year (well, as much as you can with 2 toddlers) and taught Caleb how to shout "Happy New Year!"



Then, we made some noise makers.  Caleb picked out a few of his favorite colors and drew pictures all over the back of two paper plates.  I wrote "2011" on them, too.



I put tape around the edges to keep them together and showed Caleb how to put macaroni noodles inside the pocket.



Then I taped it up the rest of the way and added some streamers.  It was difficult to get a good picture after that because both boys were running around here shaking their new toys.  But I managed to snap a few.




Tonight I am making chili, bean dip, a veggie tray, and a cracker/cheese tray.  We rented Toy Story 3 for all of us to watch together as a family.  I'm really excited about the night ahead.



Happy New Year!

No comments: