Sunday, February 13

Catching up

I'm playing catch up right now with my day to day life because the boys and I took a two night trip down to Grammies this week.  It's hard to get back into the swing of things when you are gone for 3 days.


The world outside is melting!
Thank goodness!  I am so sick of snow.  It's supposed to reach the 40's today and maybe later on this week.  I'm really excited to look outside and see everything wet and dripping!  My goal is to start running as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer outside.  I've been slacking on my work out routine.  No motivation.  It's the winter blues doing it to me.  Ugggg.

Steve and I want to get out into the garage and start organizing the toys again.  Everything has been sitting around since Christmas.  It will feel good to get everything picked up and put in the proper place once again.


Grocery Shopping
Tomorrow I have a ton of grocery shopping to do.  I still have a few more lists that I need to write today before I head out.  Should be a pretty successful trip, from what I can tell.  I need chicken and hamburger BAD so I'm hoping that there are some good sales going on for those sort of things.


The Boys
The boys are great!  I bought them a new tent about 2 weeks ago from Target (75% off) and they've been playing in that for the past week.  Well, at least the days that we've been home.  Here's a few pictures.  I had more, but those turned out really bad, so I'm skipping them.



They've been staying busy.  Here's a few more...





Yesterday
Yesterday I rearranged the living room into a play area.  I brought out their ball pit, kept out the tent, added the tunnel, and moved the train table.  It kept them busy throughout the entire day.  So what did I do?  I worked on my grocery list, baked cookie bars, and scrubbed my kitchen and stove top.




Yes, I know Kaysen doesn't have a shirt.  He just ate lunch and got food everywhere!  So this was transition time. 

Today's Plans
Today is going to be a relaxing day.  I am clipping coupons and hanging with the boys.  I'm making chicken in the crock pot for chicken tacos tonight.  I think I'm also going to cut out some paper hearts for the boys to play with and decorate for Valentine's day.

Valentine's Day
Steve and I never celebrate Valentine's day.  I don't know why, but we never do.  Instead we celebrate anniversaries and things that have more meaning to us.  Tomorrow is going to be a normal day.  I'm going to decorate the house for the boys with pink/purple balloons and red streamers.  Hopefully they will help me decorate.  They haven't been into crafts much lately.  Then on Tuesday we were thinking about going out to eat at Chilis.  Should be fun. 

No comments: