Saturday, April 2

Pantry Challenge Week #4 Review

As a couponer, I get many things for free or well under retail prices. My pantry is stocked and my weekly grocery budget is low.
Is there a way to make my budget even lower? Yes! Stop grocery shopping all together and see how long I can make good, basic meals using just the food in my pantry.

Obviously, I will have to still buy the basics, but the goal is to make my list as minimal as possible.

Week #4 Review
Here I am, the last day of the challenge. Not much has changed since the last time I updated. The week went by slowly, I used up more ingredients from my pantry, and we managed to make some good, basic meals.

I learned a lot, which I shared toward the beginning of this week. These sort of challenges are always fun because it seems no matter how long you have been meal planning, budgeting, or couponing, you always learn something about yourself when you give yourself a challenge.

Sample meals from this week's menu:

Mexican Pizza (made with tostada shells)
Very Meaty Spaghetti
Pizza style Meat & Veggie Rice skillet (thrown together w/ leftovers)
Sauteed Chicken Breast w/ garden veggies & roasted potatoes
Crock pot Pork Chops w/ potatoes and brussel sprouts
Creamy Tomato Pasta

The final numbers:

Total Spent on Groceries this week: 19.68
Total spent on groceries week #3: 14.50
Total spent on groceries week #2: 48.21
Total spent on groceries week #1: 14.92

Equal to an average of: $24.30 per week


No comments: