Saturday, June 4

Lazy Saturday Afternoon

It's the end of another week.  I really don't have a set work week.  Steve's schedule is all over the place and it's hard to predict when his work week really ends.  I consider Saturdays to be the last day of the week.  Maybe because I work on coupon schedules and Sunday always marks the beginning of the sales.

Today was relaxing.  Steve didn't have to go into work until the afternoon so we had the entire morning to ourselves.  We took the boys for a nice, long walk down the bike trail and through the woods in their stroller.  We were only gone about an hour but it seemed like much longer.  We kept up the fast pace through it all and wore ourselves out.  I'm still exhausted!

Afterwards we came back and turned the sprinkler on for the boys.  I'll show you some pictures in a few.  I'm kicking myself in the butt for not buying another memory stick for my camera.  We have done so many nice things outside lately.  Going to the playground, the lake, and just family time outside.  At least I remembered to take some pictures today.

Kaysen did not like the sprinkler at all!  I remember last year Caleb didn't like it too much either.  But this year he had a blast.  He was a little hesitant in the beginning but quickly caught on to what he was supposed to do.

Steve left for work and I put the boys to bed for nap.  They slept for about 45 minutes and woke up.  I'm thinking it was just too hot in there for them.  I brought Kaysen back into his bedroom and we laid down together on the floor on top of a blanket.  Caleb sat down in the hallway (I couldn't get him to come back to bed) and all 3 of us fell asleep together for another hour.  It was nice just laying there with my boys.  A relaxing, lazy afternoon.






No comments: