Saturday, November 13

No TV: Month #1

It has been a month since we cancelled our Directv service.  We haven't been completely without TV because we do have a converter box.  However, the chances of actually getting anything to come in around here is very slim.  When you do find a channel that works it fades in and out.  It makes me so annoyed that I just shut off the entire thing.

To me it hasn't been a big change.  I never really watched TV in the first place.  I listen to a lot of radio stations online now while I go about my daily routine.   Caleb took it hard in the beginning.  His TV time was limited before, but he still watched his daily dose of Seseme Street, Yo Gabba Gabba, and sometimes Dora.  I brought out the older Disney movies that Steve had on DVD.  Caleb likes to play and listen instead of just sitting and watching.  Which is fine by me!  He even asks for some of them by name.  "BUG" for Bug's Life, and "FISH" for Finding Nemo. 
Steve is ok with the change too as long as he is able to catch some of his shows on the Internet.  He also re-discovered his play station that has been buried away for months.  As long as he is happy, I am happy.

I think it's been a good change for our family. 

No comments: