Saturday, November 13

STARS & MOON

My boys are OBSESSED with STARS.  One night Caleb was looking out the window when he spotted a light in the sky.  He brought daddy over to look, and Steve told him that it was a star.  Caleb was so excited he started running around the house, going from door to door looking for stars.  He'd scream "star...star".  A few days ago while we were driving around (it gets dark at 4:30pm now) he noticed the moon and called it a star.  We explained to him that it was the moon.  (he loves to say MOON too)  Kaysen started copying his brother, and now they point and pick out "star" and "moon" everywhere.

Yesterday I brought out some plastic cups and star decorations from Kaysen's party.  Kaysen picked up the star, looked at me, and said "sta-sta".  I was so proud!  Here's some pictures that I took. 

I set the cups up in a tower to make everything more interesting.  I put stars on top of the towers and on the ground with little sea creatures sitting on them.

Caleb dove right in and went for the cups first.  He knocked down the towers and then started to build one of his own.

He sat the cups up on top, shook his head "no" to himself, and then stacked them nesting inside each other. 

Of course, Kaysen went right for the stars.  He liked looking at his reflection.  I thought this was a great picture because you can see his little face inside the star.

No comments: