Saturday, August 28

Saturday Reflections


Chatterboxes

Caleb's speech has EXPLODED over the past 3 weeks.  This little guy went from having a handful of words and a few basic signs to over 300+ words, sounds, signs and phrases.  Not kidding.  It was like something just clicked with him.  He has so much confidence and it makes me feel so good when he tries to pronounce a new word.  He is repeating words that we say to him, babbling on his own, and using phrases when he needs something from me.  Now instead of crying or whining that he needs something, he comes up to me and says, "Mom, banana"  or "Mom, more please".  Or, "No No No Kaysen!"  He is trying to spell the letters in his name and pronounce numbers while pointing at objects.  I am so proud of my little 2 yr old.  I can't believe he is getting so big.

Kaysen is a little chatterbox too.  His new thing is the word "this".  He points to everything, looks at me, and says "this".  Then I tell him what it is.  He also loves snakes.  We gave him a little rubber snake and that child is so attached to it.  He will carry it around in his mouth around the house.  When I ask him what it is he will say "sssssssss".   I think he's up to about 5 or 6 words now.  He likes to roar like a lion too, which is really cute when you are reading to him.



Fall is Approaching

It's sad that the days are getting shorter now.  It's only 8pm and it's so dark already.  I guess that means that it will be time for me to start going back to the gym on a regular basis.  (I took some time off because I was spending so much time outside and just didn't fit it into my day)  I have only been there a few times in the last month and a half.  Not a good excuse, I know.  But I have been exercising so much here at home that I didn't see the point of going to the gym as much.  I take the boys on almost daily walks around the neighborhood and we are very active during the day.  I'm curious to see how much weight I have lost since I made it there last...   




No comments: