Monday, September 20

Another very BUSY day

My phone died today.  No warning, nothing.  Just up and died.  Which means that I was out phone shopping at 8pm tonight while the boys were tired and cranky.  I ended up finding a good, practically free phone ($1).  Now I'm afraid to touch the thing because I have no idea how it works and I'm afraid of getting charged some weird fee for going on the internet or something.

My boys had a good day, besides Caleb having a melt down in Best Buy. (he was running away from me and got in trouble)  This morning they spent a few minutes coloring in their coloring books.


Kaysen has found a real love of coloring.  He has also taken real well to books over the past few weeks.  It was always so hard for us to bring out things like this for just Caleb because Kaysen would chew on the books and markers.  But now he will sit there and color for a few minutes without me having to step in and help.

Caleb has not grasped the concept of a coloring book.  He loves to color, however he doesn't like coloring on the pictures in a coloring book.  Instead, he wants me to draw him Choo Choos, 'Up & Downs' (construction trucks), 'Big' (dump trucks), and semi trucks.  Which is fine, the first hundred times.  I'd like to get through a coloring session without him asking for me to make him some sort of truck, especially when the coloring books also have pictures of trucks.

I set up a beach blanket and the boys' patio chairs in the living room today.  Added some blocks and a few books and puzzles, and the boys were entertained while I made out my grocery list!


This is Caleb's 'BIG' 
'Big' is used every day, almost all day long.  He will scoop things up with 'Up and Down' (his other construction truck) and drive it over to dump things out into 'Big'.  Then 'Big' will drive around and dump out the toys into a pile.  He will sit and do this forever!!  At least while Kaysen is asleep and he doesn't have his partner in crime to play with.
Oh, he stacked the blocks by himself too!

No comments: