Saturday, September 18

Birthdays!!

My birthday was a few days ago (the 14th) but it's been rather hectic around here and I'm just now getting a chance to post.
We didn't do much, although it was nice to just sit around and do nothing.  Steve had to work and I was with the kiddos.  I did get some cute pictures of the boys.



Speaking of birthdays, Caleb's is coming up in less than a week.  My little boy will be 2!!!  I have been scrambling around trying to get everything together for him (and Kaysen too).  It's all the little extra that take so much time!  Streamers, balloons, wrapping paper, decorations.  For both boys:  their birthdays are only 17 days apart.  We are on a tight budget I can not just go out and buy everything all at once and spend whatever price the store decides to charge me.  So it takes a lot of strategic planning.  It takes me 5 trips compared to what it may take 1 average family.  But it is worth it in the long run.  All that saved money can go towards other things.

We are going with a Construction Truck theme for Caleb.  Yellows, Oranges, and Reds.  I am making him a rounded cake and putting a few construction vehicles on top.  His gifts are wrapped in red with yellow and orange bows.  The house is going to be decorated in lots of streamers and balloons to celebrate his special day.



No comments: