Monday, September 6

Learning Baskets


I am in need of a challenge, and so are the boys.  This morning I put together some learning baskets (although Kaysen's is more of a box).  I picked a theme for the week and went through the boys' toys looking for things that matched up to our theme.  Then I put everything into a basket, added a book, art, and we are set!  I plan on switching out the items throughout the week but staying with the current theme.  Then each Monday I will change themes. 


This week I chose JUNGLE ANIMALS because it is something simple that both boys are interested in.  Caleb's basket includes an animal puzzle, 2 books about elephants, some clip art that I found on the Internet, crayons, and some toy animals.





I chose brown, dark orange, light orange, and black for the crayon colors to match the lion and elephant.  Caleb gets free art every day, so he will be able to use the rest of the colors then.


Kaysen's box is simpler.  He has a few balls, some animal blocks, 2 books about tigers, and a toy tiger and zebra.  I chose the colors of the balls/blocks to match the animals.

Later on in the week I plan on putting some stick puppets in the baskets, and a few different toys.  I will probably also put some more art into Caleb's because I'm sure the pictures will be colored on by then.  I think this will be a good goal for us to keep during the winter.  And it will keep us busy talking and learning about all the different themes.

No comments: