Saturday, September 11

Staying Organized

I am not the most organized person in the world.  Although I try to be.  I've been busy putting everything together for the boys' birthdays that are coming up.  Which makes me think about all the new toys they will be receiving for both birthdays and Christmas.  I need a place to put it all. 

I feel settled with my organization.  I have a pretty good system that works for us and I guess that's all that matters.  There are two big things that take up so much storage space in our home.  Toys and my stockpile.  I hate getting rid of toys but a month or so ago I finally packed up the 'baby' toys and stuck them in the attic.  I can't believe both my boys have outgrown rattles and shakers, colorful noise makers and little soft singing toys that hang from the car seat handle.  Now they are into books and reading, cars and trucks, balls and banging on things.  They are true boys.
I have all our smaller toys organized and labeled by type.  I bought a whole bunch of plastic shoe boxes and they seem to do the trick.  The bigger toys are in bigger plastic bins.  The boys are allowed to have 2-3 bins out at a time and that's it.  When they want something new, they have to clean up.  Caleb knows this routine really well and Kaysen is starting to get the hang of it too.  It keeps my house somewhat sane during the day.




My pantry stockpile was getting out of control!  So much that now I limit myself on the amount of things I buy.  For most products, if I'm not getting it for free or less than .25 then I have to pass up the deal.  I chose the same system for my stockpile as the toys.  They are in large bins on our metal shelves out in the garage.  I stockpile everything from diapers/wipes and paper towels, to shampoo and deodorant, to printer paper and post it notes.  I feel very lucky to be able to provide for my family by getting our household and beauty products for free.



And remember those pine cones that Caleb and I found?  I decided to put some in the bathroom and they look pretty good.  Everything has a purpose around this frugal household.




No comments: