Friday, September 10

A busy couple of days

It has been CRAZY around here.  It is always crazy when Steve has to work a bunch of closing shifts.  He leaves shortly after noon, and the rest of the day is just me and the boys.  Wait...the rest of the day is me chasing after the boys and trying to keep my house under control.

So this morning Steve made homemade cinnamon muffins.  They were really good.  I don't even know if he followed a recipe or just put them together really quickly.  But the boys loved them!


We had a couple "firsts" with Kaysen today.  He has been practicing with a spoon and yogurt for about 2 months now.  Today I thought he was ready for the next step, so I introduced a fork!  He did pretty well.  I was showing him how to stab, scoop, and eat.  He kept getting frustrated with me because he wanted to do the whole thing all by himself.  So I finally gave in and just let him do it.  He made it through the whole meal with the fork in his hand, but I'm not sure how much food he actually ate with it compared to his fingers.

He also had another tooth break through today.  This time a top one.  The other one on the top right is still bothering him.  Poor baby has a runny nose and he woke up from nap all hot with a fever.  I really hope this teething thing gets over quickly.


Caleb and I had a pretty good afternoon while his brother was napping.  We decided to go on a nature hunt.  We walked around the yard finding things that were unique and putting them in our learning basket.  Then he brought everything inside to play.  He had a really good time hunting for things. 

 

And here's what our finished basket looked like.  We really found a lot of things (the pine cones we found earlier this morning while we were at the bank)


While we were outside we also saw 2 school buses, the mail man, a few delivery trucks, and a few pick up trucks.  As you can imagine, Caleb was thrilled!!

No comments: