Thursday, March 10

Home Sweet Home

We are selling our house.

Five little words, but such a hard thing to really wrap my mind around.  Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that we are taking this step.  We knew when we moved into this house that it would be a temporary home.  We are approaching the 5 year mark for living here and it is time to move on.

Steve and I have discussed this into the ground over the past 6 months.  We have talked about it almost every single day.  We live it, breathe it, and are excited for it.  We know that we want more for us and our situation.  Living here in this house (which is breaking us financially) is not for us anymore.


To me, a house is just a dwelling.  Yes, it has been our home for 5 years.  But when it all comes down to it...it's just a house.  Like Dave Ramsey would say, "There's one on every corner".  My home is with my family.  No matter where this next year may take us.  As long as we are together as a family, my boys are safe and warm, and I'm with my wonderful husband, "a house" doesn't matter.


So, what is the next step?  My goal is to have the house up and ready to be on the market by April 1st.  Unfortunately, Steve only has 5 more days off work before the beginning of April, and I need his help around here to get the house ready.  It's been a stressful month, and it's going to continue that way until we get everything ready.

Where do we go from here?  Another temporary home until we can get back on our feet, improve our finances, become 100% debt free, and save for a nice down payment for a new home.  My long term goal is to be sitting here at this time next year with absolutely no debt, no credit cards, no car payment, no mortgage, so we can turn around and start fresh. 

Is it doable?  Oh yes!  I have high hopes and dreams and I know that every day we are moving in the right direction.  We just need to keep pushing forward.  One of these days, we will have our own home again.

No comments: