Wednesday, March 16

Pantry Challenge Week #2


As a couponer, I get many things for free or well under retail prices. My pantry is stocked and my weekly grocery budget is low.




Is there a way to make my budget even lower? Yes! Stop grocery shopping all together and see how long I can make good, basic meals using just the food in my pantry.

Obviously, I will have to still buy the basics, but the goal is to make my list as minimal as possible

Week #2

I'm right in the middle of week #2, and so far so good. I am using up items that are in my pantry and not buying a lot of extra things that we don't need. Today I made another shopping trip and did fairly well. I spent significantly more than I did last week, but I also picked up some meat that was at a great price so I wouldn't be living off of ground beef for the next 3 weeks.

Plus, it's that time of year where the corned beef and cabbage is on sale, and my husband wanted me to pick some up. Overall, I think I did really well. A high weekly total, but good sale prices on my produce and meat.



Today I spent: $48.21

Items bought:


4 lbs Corned Beef Brisket
5 1/2 lbs Seasoned Chicken leg quarters
6 1/2 lbs Split Chicken Breast
2 1/2 lbs Cabbage
3 lbs Apples
3 lbs Oranges
3 1/2 lbs Bananas
Lemon
3 1/2 lbs Red Potatoes
10 lbs Potatoes
3 Skim Milk
1 Whole Milk
Eggs
(4) 100% Whole wheat Bread
3 Yogurt
2 Shredded cheese
2 Boxes Graham Crackers
Microwave Popcorn 6 pk
Bread Crumbs

No comments: