Monday, March 21

Pantry Challenge Week #2 Review

As a couponer, I get many things for free or well under retail prices. My pantry is stocked and my weekly grocery budget is low.
Is there a way to make my budget even lower? Yes! Stop grocery shopping all together and see how long I can make good, basic meals using just the food in my pantry.


Obviously, I will have to still buy the basics, but the goal is to make my list as minimal as possible.

Week #2 Review

I cheated this week and bought some things for St. Patrick's Day to make corned beef, cabbage & red potatoes. I also picked up some meat because it was at a really good price. Because of this, my grocery bill was much higher than week #1. Still, not too bad when you figure it averages out to only slightly over $31 a week for groceries the past 2 weeks.

I kept to my promise of only buying fresh ingredients or things we really needed. Slowly, I'm starting to mark ingredients off my list. I really think I can go lower than this though, and I really can't believe I paid so much at check out this week. Hopefully I can do better next week.


Total Spent on Groceries this week: $48.21
Total Spent on Groceries Week #1: $14.92

Samples of meals from this week's menu:

Zesty Italian Roasted Potatoes (side dish)
Cheesy Pizza Rice Skillet
Tangy Ranch Chicken Legs w/ Garden Veggies
Baked Pork Chops w/ Mashed Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Chicken & Rice Burritos
Corned Beef and Cabbage w/ Red Potatoes
Creamy Sausage & Broccoli Potato Soup



No comments: