Saturday, March 26

Pantry Challenge Week #3 REVIEW

As a couponer, I get many things for free or well under retail prices. My pantry is stocked and my weekly grocery budget is low.
Is there a way to make my budget even lower? Yes! Stop grocery shopping all together and see how long I can make good, basic meals using just the food in my pantry.


Obviously, I will have to still buy the basics, but the goal is to make my list as minimal as possible.

Week #3 Review

I'm wrapping up week #3 today. My grocery list was small and I spent hardly anything at all. Although, I didn't use up as many ingredients from my pantry as I wanted to. We were eating a lot of leftovers towards the beginning of the week, and then I was in the mood for smaller, easier meals. My husband worked long, late hours this week. It's always harder to plan a good solid dinner when he's not home.

Overall, the week went pretty well. Next week is the last week of my challenge. I hope to wrap it up strong, use some more of the stuff that is hanging out in my pantry, and continue to keep my grocery budget low.

Total spent on groceries this week: 14.50
Total spent on groceries week #2: 48.21
Total spent on groceries week #1: 14.92

Samples of meals from this week's menu:

Chicken Alfredo Pasta
Stuffed Cabbage
Home made Mac N Cheese
Home made Pizza
Crock pot Spicy Chicken w/ mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts

No comments: